Recipes for Soft Foods after Oral Surgery
It is best to start off by eating soft foods after having oral surgery such as a dental implant placement or wisdom teeth removal. Below are some recipes that may be helpful for planning and cooking meals after surgery. In general, avoid spicy foods, carbonated beverages, and hard/crunchy foods in the early phase of healing.
- Start with 1 cup of frozen banana and berries
- Add your choice of protein powder
- Tablespoon of nut butter
- ½ cup of liquid (add more as needed)
- Vegetable Soup
- Mince 3 garlic
- Chop half an onion, one zucchini, one carrot, one potato, can of diced tomatoes,
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat
- Sauté onions and garlic on until they soften
- Add in zucchini, carrots, and potato, saute for another 3 minutes
- Add in canned tomatoes and desired amount of vegetable or chicken broth
- Bring to a boil and then bring down to a simmer
- Cook until vegetables are very soft
- Season with salt/peper
- Bring 2/3 cups of water to a boil
- Lower the heat and then add 1/3 cup of rolled oats with 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds.
- Cook until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add the egg and stir continuously.
- Turn off heat, cover pot and let the oatmeal sit for about 5 minutes before eating.
- Pumpkin porridge
- Cut kabocha squash into quadrants and remove seeds with spoon
- Steam the kabocha squash until it is tender and soft
- Cool down the kabocha squash then remove the green skin from squash
- Chop squash into smaller pieces
- In a blender, mix the kabocha squash, 3 cups of water, 3 tablespoons of sweetener and pinch of salt
- Pour blended mix in a saucepan and boil over medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Continue stiring to avoid burning.
- Mix ¼ cup of sweet rice flower and 3 tablespoons of water, should become a sticky texture.
- Slowly pour rice flour mixture into porridge, stir consistently.
- Simmer porridge over low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
- Ricotta Scramble Eggs
- Whisk 2 eggs and ½ cup of milk
- Heat nonstick skillet at medium heat and add eggs. Stir the eggs gently
- When eggs look about cooked, add in ½ cup of room temperature ricotta cheese.
- Add salt/pepper and optional chives.
on Oct 31st, 2021
Filed under Dental Implants, Wisdom Teeth . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed.